I'm currently working on three new books, at various stages of research and drafting:
- An entrepreneurship book, focused on starting a new business from scratch by yourself, without employees or outside funding.
- A new productivity book that synthesizes the best techniques from existing systems into a simple, universal method to get more done and focus on your top priorities.
- A compilation of research on how to live a happy, healthy, and satisfying life that's chronically overlooked and undervalued because it sounds completely boring.
I currently run my publishing business by myself, without employees and with a very small team of contract help. My wife also runs a business, and we have young children.
As a result, my capacity for outside projects is extremely limited, so I'm forcing myself to focus, even when it's difficult or involves passing on cool opportunities.
(Accordingly, I'm not currently offering public speaking, consulting, or coaching services, and I'm curtailing business travel aside from a few annual events.)
In my free time, I'm currently enjoying:
- Kettlebell training for general strength and well-being.
- Martial arts: Aikido and Bagua Zhang, to improve balance, coordination, and proprioceptive skills.
- Web application programming, so I can build a "robot army" of useful systems for my business.
- Playing the ukulele.
- Drawing and sketching: I'm taking two 6-week courses in introductory pencil and ink techniques to develop fundamental skills, mostly out of interest.
- Listening to Hamilton on a loop.
This is a "Now" page. Fun tidbit: a few years ago, Derek Sivers saw my old contact/status page, liked it, riffed on it, turned it into his own thing, and started a little movement. I liked his idea better than my own, so now my contact page has turned into a Now page. It's funny how ideas grow, shift, change, and improve over time – it's one of my favorite things about the internet.