Get Excited and Make Things. If there’s any single sentence that summarizes how to succeed in pretty much any area of human life, this is it. If you’re excited about something and focus the majority of your time and energy on creating something of value, nothing can hold you back for long.
Two important questions for you to ponder:
- What are you excited about?
- What are you making?
What to do if you’re stuck..
If you don’t have an answer to either of these questions, ask the counterfactual form of the question:
- What would it look like if you were excited about something?
- What would it look like if you started making something?
The conditional form of these questions is also useful:
- If you were excited about something, what would it be?
- If you were making something, what would it be?
The path forward is remarkably simple: answer these questions, get excited, and start making things. It doesn’t really matter where you begin, as long as you start and keep going.